Charge with the supplied USB charging cable from a 1A USB port when battery level < 50%
If your RockSTAR reaches 0% battery charge, the device will need to reach 10% battery charge before it will power on again.It is recommended to use either a Mains to 1Amp USB converter, a 1Amp Output USB Power Bank or a 12v-5v 1Amp USB converter (like a cigarette adapter) to charge a RockSTAR. A USB mini cable is supplied with the RockSTAR, but most USB mini cables will be suitable for the purpose of charging the RockSTAR.
Do not charge the RockSTAR from a power source with greater than 1Amp USB output as the RockSTAR may become damaged and not charge correctly.
While it is possible to use other charging devices such as a laptop, television or low Amp adapter, it is not recommended as these low Amp power sources might be enough to turn on the RockSTAR, but insufficient to charge its Lithium Ion battery.
To maximise the life of the RockSTAR battery, it is best to keep it charged.
For optimal battery performance, the following charging guidelines should be followed:
- Turn your RockSTAR off, by selecting "Deactivation" in the menu, whenever it is not in use.
- When being used frequently, it is best to charge your RockSTAR after every use to top up the battery and keep it fully charged.
- If the battery level falls below 50%, charge it before using it again.
- If the battery level reaches 0%, charge as soon as possible.
- Fully charge and then turn off your RockSTAR when putting the device into extended storage.
If your RockSTAR reaches 0% battery charge, the device will need to reach 10% battery charge before it will power on again.
If the RockSTAR reaches 0% battery charge, and is left at 0% for 20 days or more, then the battery charging circuit may never reactivate due to insufficient battery charge. This may prevent the battery from charging again and the device would need to be inspected by the manufacturer.